Sit Less. Move More. At Work.
UPnGO with ParticipACTION helps deskbound workplaces seamlessly integrate fun, rewarding, and healthy behaviour programming into the workday to help employees be at their best.
Active workplaces are productive workplaces. Get your company moving with us today.
A sedentary, deskbound workforce hurts your bottom line
Only 20% of Canadian adults are getting the recommended amount of physical activity – and our modern workplace culture is feeding into this problem. More time is spent sitting at work than ever before, leading to a less active, less healthy, and less productive workforce.
The average absenteeism rate in 2011 was
9.3 days per full-time employee1
Wellness programs save 1.5–1.7 days absenteeism or
$251 per employee
“UPnGO has helped us encourage our employees to be more active during the day. Employees tell us they
have more energy and feel more productive.
Our work is typically deskbound and mentally complex, the achievable changes encouraged each week through the UPnGO challenges are changing habits, and encouraging more social time between coworkers.”
Lynn Frazer, VP, Human Resources autoTRADER.ca
Workplace absences resulted in the Canadian economy losing an estimated 2.4 per cent of the gross annual payroll, or
an estimated $16.6 billion in 20122
“TELUS has innovation as a core value. With UPnGO we are using the power of the Internet and innovative technology to
help our team members to be active, healthy and well.”
Steve Podborski, Director & Wellness Champion, TELUS Communications
Physically active employees take
27% fewer sick days
and report 14–25% fewer disability days4
"In the last 5 weeks I have learned by making myself get up and walk for just 10 mins, wakes me up and feel refreshed. I used to need a coffee around 3:30 to wake up but now I get up and walk our famous Donut! I think this program is incredible!
It has really helped out our morale.”
Sue, Postmedia Network Inc.
1 The Conference Board of Canada: Missing in Action (2013)
2 The Conference Board of Canada: Missing in Action (2013)
3 Sun Life-Ivey Canadian Wellness ROI Study Update (2015)
4 Public Health Agency of Canada (2008)
A unique approach to transforming your workplace
UPnGO with ParticipACTION includes a unique combination of platform, curriculum and onsite support designed to mobilize your entire workforce towards lasting, healthier behaviours. UPnGO has been piloted and fine-tuned in fourteen different organizations of all sizes. Rigorous evaluations have shown that the program positively impacts employee wellness and drives a marked increase in employee engagement and workplace culture.
- Smart Incentives: Intrinsic and extrinsic rewards designed for sustained engagement
- Behavioural Economics: An evidence-informed design, the result of a partnership with experts at UBC and Rotman’s BEAR Research Centre
- Data Driven: Real results with regular quantitative reporting delivered to you
- High Risk Targeting: Designed for your entire workforce, specifically targeting your most sedentary employees
- Fun! A variety of physical-activity-based themes and challenges builds a culture of support, resulting in a workday that’s more fun and rewarding
- Compatible: Works with leading activity trackers, free apps like Google and iOS Health and minute tracking for employees who can’t connect via mobile
- Workday Integration: Small asks and bite-size content provides seamless integration into the workday