Team up with an iconic Canadian charitable organization that helps improve our mental and physical health through the power of movement. Don’t be reactive to the issues that physical inactivity causes — be part of the proactive solution to improving the health and well-being of people living in Canada!
Why physical activity?
For more than 50 years, we’ve been inspiring and supporting people living in Canada to make physical activity a vital part of their everyday life.
Why? Because getting active goes far beyond weight loss and appearance. Physical activity provides a wide range of important physical, social and mental health benefits. Everything gets better when you get active:
- Mental – Improved mood, decreased stress and anxiety, increased resiliency, improved self-esteem
- Physical – Reduced risk of over 25 chronic conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, some cancers, and musculoskeletal issues, improved mobility and balance, improved sleep
- Cognitive – Enhanced information retention, productivity, creativity and focus
- Social – Improved social connectedness and decreased risk of social isolation
- Environmental – Decreased air pollution through active transportation options
- Economic – Decreased direct costs (e.g., health-care costs) and indirect costs (e.g., employee absenteeism, sick leave)
A focus on mental health
According to research from the Canadian Mental Health Association and the University of British Columbia, the pandemic led to significant mental health challenges and stress for people living in Canada, especially for those who may have lost their jobs, individuals with pre-existing mental health conditions, youth, members of the 2SLGBTQQIA+ community and individuals with disabilities. 41% of people living in Canada say their mental health became worse since the onset of the pandemic.
The research is clear: regular physical activity is essential for our mental health. Let’s be part of the solution together.
How do we reach people living in Canada?
We engage Canada’s diverse population and support individuals, communities, workplaces, schools, sport and recreational organizations, and others through the following:
- Public education: Inspiring content and thought-provoking campaigns
- Thought leadership: Research products showcasing our leadership in the physical activity space
- Engagement initiatives: Challenges through our free physical activity app (over 300,000 registered users) and organizational programs such as the Community Challenge and ParticipACTION+
Thank you to our partners
Let’s hit the ground running (walking or wheeling)
We’re here to listen to your needs. We’ll come to the table with creative and strategic ways to achieve your goals, and physical inactivity is certainly a cause worth contributing to!
Government support covers organizational administrative and operational costs. Therefore, corporate investments can go directly to funding impactful programs that get people living in Canada physically active.
Partnership opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Corporate donations
- Marketing partnerships
- Employer matching/employee engagement
- “Run” it yourself
- Digital advertising