The ultimate active-at-work kit
Having the right things in a small toiletry bag at work is essential if you’re planning to be active before or during your workday. Many of us can admit we’ve avoided exercise during the workday in fear of working up a sweat and negatively affecting our professional appearance.
By keeping a small toiletry bag in your desk or handbag, you can avoid looking disheveled at work.
Build your own bag from our suggested list below.
THE ACTIVE-AT-WORK KIT:
- Deodorant – Stay scent-friendly with some deodorant or antiperspirant.
- Disposable wipes – These are really refreshing to have if you’ve worked up a vigorous sweat and have no access to a shower.
- Baby Powder – Another great option if you don’t have access to a shower to help you make it through the day feeling fresh as a daisy.
- Dry shampoo – Perfect for a little sweat along the hairline or hair that’s a few days old, dry shampoo will soak up any extra hairline grime.
- Gel or hair spray – A great tool to tame fly-aways, this is good to create a polished final product.
- Hair brush or comb – ‘Nuff said.
- Hair elastics – A staple for tying up your hair before or after activity. Plus, they’re such a hot commodity a colleague-in-need will be very appreciative when theirs breaks.
- Bobby pins – For the advanced hair stylist, pins can help tuck fly-aways back.
- Makeup – Obviously optional.
- Spare socks – Always a forgotten item in our gym bag. It’s great to have a clean pair kicking around, just in case.
- Sneakers – You’ll have trouble fitting this in your toiletry bag but it’s much easier to get active if you leave a pair at work. You’ll always be comfortable if a colleague asks you out for a walking break.