The ParticipACTION “150 Play List” Contest 2017
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VALID IN CANADA ONLY (AND IS OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE PERSONS, AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. Information is being provided to the Sponsor (defined below), not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc. Your participation in this Contest must at all times comply with all applicable Facebook terms of service. In the event of any violation of such terms of service, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify you from the Contest.
1.The The ParticipACTION “150 Play List” Contest 2017 (the “Contest”) commences at January 6, 2017 @ 12:01 AM EST until December 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on December 2 2017 (the “Contest Closing Time”). Entries submitted after the Contest Closing Time will not be accepted.
2. This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada who are over 13 years of age in at the time of entry, excluding: (a) employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents of: (i) ParticipACTION (the “Sponsor”); (ii) the independent contest management organization appointed by the Sponsor to administer the Contest (the “Contest Administrator”); (iii) any affiliates of the Sponsor or the Contest Administrator; (iv) any of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies involved in the development or execution of the Contest in any way; and (v) any persons or entities involved in judging the Contest; and (b) all persons with whom those specified in (a) are domiciled or immediately related. The persons and entities specified in (a) and (b) are referred to collectively herein as the “Contest Entities”. For the purposes of these rules, two people are “immediately related” if one is the husband, wife, spouse, common-law partner, son, stepson, son-in-law, daughter, stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, brother, stepbrother, brother-in-law, mother, stepmother, mother-in-law, father, stepfather or father-in-law of the other. For clarity, groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot enter the Contest.
3. An entrant must meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules from the time of entry until the time he/she is confirmed a winner (if he/she becomes a winner).
How To Enter
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Contest takes place online and requires you to have internet connection. If you do not have internet connection, many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free computer and internet services.
5. During the Contest Period, go to www.participaction.com/150 (the “Website”), and sign up to create your profile. You can initiate the creation of a profile as prompted on the Website by using your e-mail address or existing Facebook account. The profile will require your first name, last name, email, location by city and province, date of birth, telephone (optional). If you are under the age of majority in the province you reside in at the time of entry, you will be required to also add parent/guardian first name, parent/guardian last name, parent/guardian telephone and you must have the consent of the parent / guardian to enter the contest, to disclose personal information and to agree to the contest rules.
6. You must then follow the online instructions to fully complete the online registration form for the Contest (an “Entry Form”) by confirming that you have read and agreed to these Rules, and by clicking the “Submit” button to submit your Entry Form. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their province of residence must also confirm that they have parent / guardian to enter the contest, to disclose personal information and to agree to the contest rules.
7. If entering via Facebook, your Facebook account must be set to Public and you must share your email address. If you opt to NOT share your Facebook email address, you will not be allowed to create an account and will be informed of this by the website which will then ask you to try again.
Limit one (1) profile per person/email address during the Contest Period.
8. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility from any entrant, which proof shall be in the form required by the Sponsor. Failure to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
How to Play
9. Entrants are encouraged to participate in the contest by logging into their profile and tracking activities listed in the 150 activity list. Each activity tracked could result in additional entries in to the contest.
10. Registering for the contest will garner 5 entries. This is issued only one time.
11. Entrants can track a maximum of 10 activities per calendar day. An individual activity can only be tracked once per day. For example, if you track “Golf” on a calendar day, you cannot track it again on the same calendar day, nor can you untrack it.
12. The first activity tracked from the list of 150 will garner 10 entries. This is issued only one time.
13. First time tracking of subsequent unique activities out of the remaining 149 will garner 5 entries per activity, to a program limit of 745.
14. Every completed activity (for all subsequent completions) will garner 1 entry per activity, with a daily maximum of 10 entries, and a program limit of 3,910 entries.
15. Users will not be awarded any additional entries for gaining virtual badges or social sharing.
16. Users will not be awarded any additional ballots for being at the top position of any of the weekly, monthly or overall leaderboards.
17. If a user does not initially participate in the contest due to missing information at the time of registration (whether intentional or not), they will not retroactively gain any entries. Entries can only be collected from the time they have completed all required information.
18. All ballots are automatically entered into the corresponding weekly, monthly and grand prize draw(s).
19. A ballot or ballots only remains active for the period in which it was earned. By example, a weekly ballot earned in Week 1, carries forward to the corresponding Month 1 and Grand prize draw, but does not carry forward to any future weekly draws.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
20. There is a total of one (1) Grand Prize available to be won at the outset of this Contest. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) Chevrolet vehicle valued at up to $40,000.00 CAD. The approximate odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize corresponds to the estimated price including applicable taxes & fees. A Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to the difference, if any, between the actual and approximate retail value.
Acceptance of a Grand Prize is subject to the following terms and conditions:
a) The Grand Prize includes freight and pre-delivery inspection charges, retailer administration fees and applicable fees and levies.
b) Colour, accessories, and other specifics of each Grand Prize will be at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
c) Manufacturer's warranty applies to each Grand Prize.
d) Upon notification, each winner will personally take delivery of a Grand Prize from an authorized Chevrolet retailer in Canada closest to the winner’s place of residence. Winner must present adequate personal identification to claim a Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize will not be released unless each applicable winner first shows proof of having a full class valid driver's license in the province in which he/she resides and satisfactory insurance, and otherwise comply with all dealer requirements to obtain such Grand Prize, as determined by Sponsor. In the event that the winner is under the age of majority, or under the legal age for driving, their parent/guardian will be considered the winner.
e) Each winner is solely responsible for all taxes and expenses which are not included in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to: registration and licence fees, insurance, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using a Grand Prize. Each winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages he/she may request and which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, is willing to provide or has provided respecting any vehicle.
f) Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may substitute a model year vehicle of the same or like model and style in the event of lack of vehicle availability due to limited production or any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
Each winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or use or redemption of a Grand Prize.
21. There are a total of thirteen (13) Monthly Prizes (each, a “Monthly Prize”) available to be won at the outset of this Contest. Each Monthly Prize will consist of a travel experience. The approximate retail value of each Monthly Prize is between $2,684.00 CAD and $4,400.00 CAD. The approximate odds of winning a Monthly Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Period. The total number of Monthly Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest Period as Monthly Prizes are claimed.
- 1 VIP Trip for 2 to the 2017 Manulife LPGA Classic (March prize); valued at $4,400 including 3 nights hotel stay, 2 Clubhouse Suite tickets, 2 flights to the event location, and ground transportation and spending money. Travel must be booked prior to the event start date.
- 1 VIP Trip for 2 to the 2017 Grey Cup presented by Shaw (September prize); valued at $3,350 including 2 nights hotel stay, 2 Grey Cup tickets, 2 flights to the event location, and ground transportation. Travel must be booked prior to the event start date.
- 11 Canadian Travel Experiences for two presented by Fairmont (one per month); valued at $2,684 including 3 nights hotel stay, 2 flights anywhere in Canada, Resort Credit.
22. There are a total of four hundred seventy (470) Weekly Prizes (each, a “Weekly Prize”) available to be won at the outset of this Contest. Each Weekly Prize will consist of one of the prizes described below. The approximate retail value of each Weekly Prize is between $100.00 CAD and $278.00 CAD. The approximate odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Period. The total number of Weekly Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest Period as Weekly Prizes are claimed. Weekly prizes assigned randomly to each winner are at the Sponsors discretion.
- One hundred (100) Garmin Vivo Fit 3 devices valued at $140 CAD. Winners will be provided with a digital coupon for the product and product shipping via email to redeem on the Garmin website.
- One hundred and seventy (170) $100 CAD MEC Gift Cards. Winners will be provided with a physical MEC gift card valued at $100 via courier.
- One hundred (100) $100 CAD Tim Hortons Gift Cards. Winners will be provided with a physical Tim Hortons gift card valued at $100 via courier.
- One hundred (100) Fairmont Ovation Certificates - Collection B, Standard Room, Single Night Stays valued at $278 CAD. Winners will be provided with a physical Fairmont Ovation certificate valued at $278 via courier.
23. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize, one (1) Monthly Prize per person, and one (1) weekly Prize per person.
24. All amounts and costs related to any Prizes, including but not limited to all income, sales, use and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) imposed as a result of the award of a Prize, which are not expressly covered by the Sponsor are the responsibility of the individual winner. It is the individual winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of a Prize.
25. A person eligible to win a Prize must accept the Prize as awarded and may not transfer such Prize or substitute or exchange for, or apply the Prize’s value towards, cash or a higher cost or alternative prize. All Prizes are non-refundable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and are provided on an “as is” basis, without any representation or warranty of any kind. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater kind or value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of a Prize or for any other reason whatsoever.
How Prizes are Awarded
26. A random draw will be conducted to award the Grand Prize (the “GrandPrize Draw”), subject to these Rules (including the verification and skill-testing question requirements) on Friday December 8 2017 at approximately 2:00 PM ET in Mississauga, Ontario from all eligible Contest entries received during the Contest Period. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected in the Grand Prize Draw for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Draw will be conducted by the Contest Administrator.
27. Thirteen (13) Monthly Prizes will be available to be won with respect to the defined months, during the Contest Period (each a “Monthly Period”). For clarity, the first Monthly Period shall run from Friday, January 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM EST to Tuesday, January 31, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST, and the last Monthly Period shall run from 12:00:01 AM EST on November 1, 2017 to 11:59:59 PM EST on November 30, 2017. Months 2 through 10 shall run the first day of month @ 12:01 AM EST to the last day of month at 11:59 PM EST. For March and September specifically, two (2) potential winners will be drawn.
A random draw (a “Monthly Prize Draw”) to award each Monthly Prize, subject to these Rules (including verification and skill-testing question requirements) will be conducted within five (5) business days following the close of each Monthly Period for which that Monthly Prize is being awarded, at approximately 2:00 PM ET in Mississauga, Ontario from all eligible Contest entries received during that Monthly Period. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected in each Secondary Prize Draw. Each Secondary Prize Draw will be conducted by the Contest Administrator. For March and September specifically, two (2) potential winners will be randomly selected.
28. Four hundred and seventy (470) Weekly Prizes will be available to be won with respect to the defined weeks, during the Contest Period (each a “Weekly Period”). For clarity, the first Weekly Period shall run from Friday, January 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM EST to Sunday, January 15, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST, and the last Monthly Period shall run from Monday, November 27th @ 12:01 AM EST to Saturday, Dec 2nd @ 11:59 PM EST.
A random draw (a “Weekly Prize Draw”) to award ten (10) Weekly Prizes, subject to these Rules (including verification and skill-testing question requirements) will be conducted within five (5) business days following the close of each Weekly Period for which that Secondary Prize is being awarded, at approximately 2:00 PM ET in Mississauga, Ontario from all eligible Contest entries received during that Weekly Period. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected in each Weekly Prize Draw. Each Weekly Prize Draw will be conducted by the Contest Administrator.
29. If, for any reason whatsoever, by the time of a Grand Prize Draw or Monthly Prize Draw or Weekly Prize Draw (collectively, the “Prize Draws”), no eligible entries have been received or there are an insufficient number of eligible entries to award all of the Prizes allocated to that Prize Draw, any unawarded Prizes may be awarded during the next applicable Prize Draw. This process will be repeated until all Prizes for the Contest are awarded. If, for any reason whatsoever, any Prizes are not awarded following the completion of the final Prize Draw, those Prizes will not be awarded.
30. The Sponsor and/or its representatives may respond to entries on the Website or otherwise engage with Contest participants during the Contest Period, but such interactions will have no impact on the process through which Prizes are awarded in accordance with those rules.
31. Each potential winner of a Prize will be notified initially by email beginning within five (5) days of the date on which his or her entry was selected as a potential winner. If the Contest Administrator is unsuccessful in its attempts to reach and speak directly with a potential winner by phone after three (3) attempts over a seven (7) day period to the email address listed in that potential winner’s Entry Form, then, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, that potential winner may be disqualified without liability to the Sponsor. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules. Through the winner notification process, the potential winner must confirm his/her eligibility and indicate his/her willingness to accept the applicable Prize. The potential winner will then receive official notification via email.
Declaration and Release and Skill-Testing Question
32. Before being confirmed as a winner of a Prize, each potential winner must complete and return, within ten (10) days of date of receipt, a Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration and Release”), which (among other things):
(a) confirms compliance with these Rules;
(b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded;
(c) releases the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation therein and the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and
(d) confirms the potential winner’s consent to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph and/or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, print, broadcast and/or the internet.
33. Further, prior to being confirmed as a winner of a Prize, each potential winner must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in the Declaration and Release, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise.
34. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, all communication will be done with a parent/legal guardian. The selected entrants will be contacted by via telephone number provided by the participant to enter the Contest, where a parent/legal guardian can be reached in order to be given the skill-testing question. Arrangements will be made for the awarding of the Prize at the time the skill-testing question is administered and correctly answered by the parent / guardian.”
35. If a potential winner fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release within the specified time period, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify the potential winner, thereby forfeiting any and all rights the potential winner may have to the Prize. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules.
36. If a selected potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not complete and return the Declaration and Release, is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize as offered or elects to decline the Prize, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, subject to these Rules. Any disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation.
37. Upon satisfaction of all requirements of these Rules, including, without limitation, receipt of the completed Declaration and Release, winners will be contacted to make further Prize delivery arrangements.
Additional Rules and Restrictions
39. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to this Contest, subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, where applicable. In the event an entrant wins a Prize and is later found to be in violation of these Rules, he/she will be required to forfeit the Prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the Prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the Prize. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for the Prize.
40. Proof of sending (regardless of method) is not proof of receipt by the Sponsor or Contest Administrator. Incomplete, altered, mutilated or garbled entries will be disqualified. The Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, garbled, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or damaged entries, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, the effects of hackers, the failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections or any other reason beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; all of which will be disqualified. The Releasees are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, without limitation: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entrants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment and internet access use in respect of the Contest.
41. The Releasees are not responsible for the cancellation or postponement of any component of this Contest or any associated programs and materials. The Releasees are not responsible for any other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical,